Preschool Ages 3-5: An essential foundation for lifelong success
- Is admission testing required for Beginning School?
- Are scholarships or financial aid available for Beginning School students?
- Is food provided for students?
- What time does the school day begin and end?
- Does Beginning School offer an extended day or before and after care?
- What is the teacher:student ratio in Beginning School and what are the required qualifications for teachers?
- Does the Beginning School provide transportation to and from school?
Enrollment is offered on a first-come, first-served basis with no testing. We ask that parents tour prior to enrolling children in Beginning School to see firsthand what a school day looks like. Children are welcome on the tour. In order to attend Beginning School a child must be: 3 years old before August 1st, fully potty trained, and proficient enough in English to follow directions in a classroom.
All Beginning School students must complete admissions testing for kindergarten. While our preschool program is designed to prepare children for success in our K-12 program, kindergarten acceptance is not guaranteed by Beginning School attendance.
Each academic classroom in the Beginning School is staffed by two teachers with a maximum of 18 preschool students for a 1:9 ratio. Teachers in academic classrooms must hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree, with advanced degrees encouraged. Teachers must also meet the training standards for early childhood care as set forth by the State of Nevada, including annual ongoing training hours.