Health & Performance
Athletic Training & Sports Medicine
The athletic training program is committed to maintaining the philosophical excellence of The Meadows School by providing the best possible care to our student-athletes. Our skilled athletic trainer will provide injury prevention, care, and rehabilitation services to the student-athletes within The Meadows School community.
To achieve this, we focus on the following:
- Complete Care: Provide recognition, evaluation, prevention, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses.
- Prevention: Offer a health care system that is proactive in approach, reducing the risk of athletic injury for our student-athletes.
- Consulting: Assure that each athlete is carefully counseled regarding their injury or illness and options are explained when appropriate.
- Education: Focus on health and wellness.
- Community: Create a safe, healthy, and culturally sensitive environment for our student-athletes.
- Facilities: Maintain and operate our athletic training facility in an organized and efficient manner.
- Collaboration: Work seamlessly with our strength and conditioning program.
Strength, Conditioning & Human Performance
The mission of our strength and conditioning program is to develop, enhance, and optimize human performance through the integration of training, nutrition, recovery, education and leadership.
To achieve this, we focus on the the following:
- Training: Deliver principles and evidence-based training programs to develop strength, mobility, speed, change of direction, agility, and energy system development.
- Nutrition: Provide sound nutrition advice and guidelines to optimally fuel health and performance in the class and in sports.
- Recovery: Provide students with strategies to recover so that they can adapt to stress and stimulus.
- Education: Teach the proper movement patterns with their progressions and regressions, nutrition, habits, and recovery modalities.
- Leadership: Educate and create habits to track health with the goal of having students take ownership of their health and performance.
- Integration: Provide systems to integrate the factors of human performance with the goal of maximizing student's human performance in sports and life.