2. SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Our Website is targeted for use by adults only. We do not currently market to or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect age identifying information, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years. However, we hereby advise all visitors to our Website under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any Personal Information on our Website. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (please see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacy initiatives/childrens.html for more information about this Act), we will delete the child’s Personal Information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to operate the Website and provide you with access to certain services that we offer through the Website, we and/or our Partners collect the following types of information from you: (i) personal information by which you may be identified (“Personal Information”) and (ii) information about you and your activities on the Website that does not identify you personally (“General Information”), such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain server, the type of computer, web browser, operating system or platform you use and referrer data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website, your movement and activity within the Website and your geographic location.
A. PERSONAL [INFORMATION
Personal Information about You We Collect Directly from You
We and/or our Partners collect your Personal Information when you provide it to us when you interact with us directly through our Website, such as when you access various content or features, contact us directly, or other areas in which you otherwise interact with our Website. The Personal Information we and/or our Partners collect and maintain about you includes:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone numbers.
Personal Information about You Received from other Sources
Where permitted by applicable law, we and/or our Partners may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices and third-party services), from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases) and when you access our Website through an SNS. We and/or our Partners may access and store some or all of the following Personal Information:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, and/or SNS page.
B. GENERAL INFORMATION
In addition to collecting Personal Information from you, we, our affiliates, subsidiaries and Partners and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect General Information. General Information is information about you or your activities on our Website that do not identify you personally. This includes your IP address, domain server, the type of computer, web browser, operating system or platform you use and referrer data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website, your movement and activity within the Website and your geographic location.
- Cookies. The Website may place small files, called “cookies” onto your computer. Cookies are data files that websites write onto computer hard drives for record keeping purposes when you visit them. The cookie file then identifies you as a unique user. Cookies make your use of this Website more pleasing and efficient by “personalizing” your Website experience and gathering Website statistical data, such as which parts of the Website you have previously visited, what material you downloaded, your Internet provider’s domain name and country, and the addresses of websites you visited immediately before and after our Website. They enable us to tailor the information you receive and to assist our Partners or other third party organizations with whom we have strategic alliances by identifying you as our customer or Website user. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, unless you have configured yours not to accept them. You can program your browser not to accept cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to use certain portions of the Website and the Website will not be able to customize certain features according to your preferences.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or web programming code called web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) may be included on the pages of the Website and in email messages we send you. Web beacons or other similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, such as to count visitors to the Website, monitor how you navigate the Website or to count how many particular articles or links posted on the Website were actually viewed.
- Mobile Device Identifiers. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we, our Partners or our third party service providers may receive such device information if you access the Website through a mobile device. Certain features on the Website may require collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Additionally, some mobile service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their services. Depending on the provider, we, our Partners or our third party service providers may receive this information.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your use of this Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded to your computer from our web server or a third party provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website and is deactivated or deleted once you leave the Website.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We and/or our Partners use your information procured and maintained above for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To respond to your inquiries;
- Provide customer services and resolve any complaints;
- Communicate with you regarding certain events offered by us or our Partners, provided that you have not already opted out of receiving such communications;
- Cross-reference with other Personal Information that we have acquired about you or may acquire about you through other sources;
- Improve our Website and resolve any technical problems;
- Analyze the use of Website and information about visitors to our Website to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit the Website, including to develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
5. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Disclosure of Customer Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Personal Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate in investigations of fraud, intellectual property infringement or any other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Personal Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the Website’s users; (v) to enforce or apply the Website’s Terms of Service; and (iv) to verify the identity of the Website’ users.
- Business Transfers. Your Personal Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You consent to any and all such Conveyances of your Personal Information.
6. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we use appropriate industry-standard procedures to safeguard the confidentially of your Personal Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us and/or our Partners reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will remain private.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP USER INFORMATION
We generally keep user data on our server or in our archives for as long as we reasonably need it. We may alter this practice according to changing requirements. For example, we may delete some data if needed to free up storage space. We may keep other data for longer periods if the law requires it. In addition, information posted in a public forum, could stay in the public domain indefinitely.
Data management requests are administered in an orderly manner to the extent feasible and within our direct control. Please note that we have greater control over recently collected data than over archived data. Once data is removed from the system and archived, it may not be feasible to accommodate specific requests. In those cases, our general data retention policy applies.
8. ACCESS AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you believe that any Personal Information collected and maintained by us about you is not correct or has changed, please send an e-mail message to Lauren Walker at email@example.com explaining the correction or change. We also may provide web pages or other mechanisms through which you can correct or update the Personal Information we have collected and maintained.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Website. We and/or our Partners are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information.
If you ask us to delete your information, we will do so within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
9. PERSONAL CHOICE IN THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and Partners and third party service providers, or if you do not want to receive certain communications and offers from us you can “opt-out” of such sharing, communications and offers by e-mailing Lauren Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at:
The Meadows School
Attn: Lauren Walker
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128-7302
Please note that even if you unsubscribe to promotional offers or other marketing messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the Website, such as a transaction initiated by you or for other legitimate non-marketing reasons.
10. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
While on the Website or when viewing an e-mail or other content provided by us or the Website, you may encounter links to other websites operated by third parties. These other websites may set their own cookies, collect data or have their own privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third party websites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these sites as soon as you enter them. Links to any third party website or content do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of the linked website or content.
12. IF YOU HAVE A PRIVACY QUESTION
If you have a privacy question about our Website and/or services, please e-mail: Samantha Atkinson at email@example.com. Or write us at:
The Meadows School
Attn: Ron Sandlin
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128-7302
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.